Plazas and Terraces
Buzon pedestals can help you create a grand public space to offer visitors a space for contemplation and comfort. But, pedestals are equally suitable for a courtyard between building to offer respite from the noisy office environment. In the intimate Baiso Temple shown below, the architect envisioned a terrace by day, to be walked on but, by night the terrace transforms to a pristine lake to be admired from the temple through the floor to ceiling windows.
The plaza and terrace projects shown below boast heavy natural stone and concrete pavers but Buzon pedestals can be also be strewn with joist hangers and covered with decking material ranging from traditional wood planking, engineered wood tiles, composites, or even ceramic and glass tile.
The plaza and terrace projects below represent a few different installs but there are 1000′s of installs around the world that make use of Buzon pedestals. Each project is unique; there are as many variations as there are designers and architects. If you have a question about whether Buzon pedestals are right for your project, please contact us.
Buzon pedestals in art museum terrace with granite slabs
Buzon pedestals in illuminated terrace
Buzon pedestals in Baiso Temple in Tokyo
Water feature as well as normal outdoor roof top terrace. During the days the water stays in the basin and during the nights the water is on top of the tiles. Stunning view from inside to the terrace outside. At night it looks a lake.
Materials used with Buzon
• Stone - marble, granite, etc.
• Paver - hydrapressed concrete slab
• Wood - wood tile, deck joist systems
• Grating - steel & fiberglass
• Tile - ceramic & glass
• Composite - composite tile, composite joist system
• Parliament of the EU - Belgium
• Military Royal School - Belgium
• National Museum of Tokyo - Tokyo, Japan
• University of Kansas Medical Hospital - Kansas City, US
• University of Denver, Colorado - US
• Site of the General Society - Belgium
• Bank Communal Crédit - Belgium
• Disneyland, Paris - France
• Films FUJY Laboratory - France
• Metro Building - Portugal
• Petronas Tower - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Diabetes Treatment Center - Kuwait
• New National Theater - Singapore
• City Bank - Bahrain
• Amusement Park - Belgium
See Application Gallery